Canadian Woman Honored

by Dave on September 24, 2009

Tasmania Week 1 005

SYDNEY – “Officials in the Government’s Protocol Office announced a solution to help¬†honor a Canadian woman who is visiting Australia. Efforts were stalled when it was discovered that there were no Australian streets, buildings, or public parks that could be easily renamed. After consultation with the Ministry of Trade and Industry, it was decided that renaming a brand of popular tinned beans would be an appropriate honor.

The Canadian Consulate in Sydney refused comment other than to note a common spelling error.”

Share and Enjoy
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Reddit
  • del.icio.us

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Shirley R September 25, 2009 at 1:33 am

I now have both your Blogs on a Micrsoft Feed so just have to click and I get right in. No need for passwords etc, much easier and it alerts me when you have made a new post. I have just re-read all your posts and enjoyed them as much the second time.

Terry Z September 26, 2009 at 11:54 am

Hello VanRobertsHam’s!
I just caught up on all your posts and photos….fun for me and what a great trip for you! I really appreciate the time you’re taking to share your trip with all of us. Thank you for sharing. Annalise, so glad your many talents have been honored in this way = )
Any sign of Nicole yet??

Dave September 26, 2009 at 4:45 pm

Terry

Thanks for the comments. Nicole Kidman has been very hard to spot. Apparently, her lawyers read this blog, too and the resulting cease and desist order has made things more difficult than expected.

Annalise, in the meantime, has developed a very swelled head about the whole bean brand thing. Also very difficult considering the conditions under which we’re traveling right now. Three of us in a very small campervan. My next post will explain …

Dave

LeeAnne September 26, 2009 at 11:45 pm

Dave,
I was at a conference in Calgary (Sep 18) and spotted Nicole Kidman with her husband leaving a McDonald’s downtown. Her husband had a concert to perform that evening in Calgary.
LeeAnne :-)

Dave September 28, 2009 at 10:53 am

Oh dear. I wonder how much the airfare to Calgary is at the moment.

(Annalise says she’s mousey … sour grapes to me!)

Dave

Annalise September 28, 2009 at 11:08 am

Clearly I need to spend less time journalling and more time monitoring blog posts by Dave! Nicole Kidman… as if! And sour grapes??!! Humph!
All good here – we’re held indoors just now by rain.
About to start driving north.
AL